Tuesday, December 16, 2008

14 Wonderful Years!




Today is our anniversary! Happy anniversary hon! Otis and I were married on December 16th, 1994 in Salt Lake City, Utah. I remember it being very cold and white! It was a beautiful white Utah day. I was so excited to marry my best friend. I remember just hours before we got married my Mom and Dad telling me that this was just the beginning and that our relationship would continue to grow and mature and in years to come we will feel a whole new kind of love and respect for one another. At that time I couldn't comprehend what they were saying but I knew they were speaking from their experience in 43 years of marriage. Now, after 14 years of marriage I have an idea of what they are talking about, I'm still along way from 43 years years and I'm sure their is still so much to learn. I do know one thing I truly do feel like I am married to my best friend. Otis is such a good person, such a wonderful Dad, I am so blessed to have him. I can't wait for the next 14 years.
Recently I was at a church meeting were our Stake President was speaking to a room full of women. He gave us a bit of advice that I think is so powerful, he encouraged us each to go home and tell our husband that he is a good man. These words are something I often think, but I don't know how often I really say them. They need to be reminded of this , they need to know that we think highly of them and that we love and respect them. This was the best advice I have ever received. I think everyone needs to hear how wonderful they are every once in awhile. I try to remember to tell this to Otis often. As we go through our ups and downs I know that there is one thing that is constant and that is that he is " a good man".

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy Anniversary. Your parents and Stake Presidency gave great advice. I love it!

once upon a poppy said...

congrats you old married folks!
oh to look so young again!

Glahn Family said...

Yeahhh You made 14 years. After this crazy mixed up year if you can make it through this change you can make it through anything...
Your right Otis is a great Man....