Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve!


After our Wonderful Christmas dinner we all went home to get into our Christmas Jammies. This year I decided to start something new. Every Christmas eve I let the kids open one present. This present is usually something more sentimental. One year I made them each a blanket, another year I got them each a CTR ring etc.. Well I was running out of ideas so I decided that I was going to get them each a Christmas Ornament that reminded me of them at this time in their lives. I explained to them that every year they will get a new one with their name on it and by the time they are married they will have a collection of ornaments to have in their home.
So this year I got Briana a sparkly heart because she loves anything that sparkles (including Edward), I got Braiden a snowman on a long spring the bounces up and down, because he is so full of energy and is always bouncing around, and Brooke a cute little teddy bear because she likes to cuddle. I explained to them that in years to come these cute Ornaments are the things they will remember, not all the presents even though presents are fun to get. In five years they won't remember what they got for Christmas but I am hoping they will remember the year that they got there first Christmas ornament.



Of course the kids (including dad) had to go outside to see if they could see Santa.

No comments: